If you are an Apple Watch user, you might face obstacles while using it. Your Apple Watch may be unresponsive or not working properly, there are various reasons why you have to restart your watch. In this article, we are going to describe “How To Restart Apple Watch”. It will help you recover your hanged Apple Watch.
Why Does An Apple Watch Need To Restart
A Smartwatch is full-packed with numerous functionalities and features. Some unavoidable bugs and malware attack your watch and make it freeze and unresponsive. There are some chances that your Apple Watch takes a few minutes to get normal but, in some cases, it does not respond normally and at that time, you have to restart your Apple Watch.
There is one more reason to restart the watch and it occurs when your watch is on Power Reserve Mode. To get your watch out of Power Saving Mode, you need to restart it. These are two major reasons for restarting An Apple Watch. In the following article, we are going to tell you the whole procedure of “How To Restart Apple Watch.”
Steps of “How To Restart Apple Watch”
When your Apple Watch does not perform normally, you can restart it and get it on the right path. To restart your watch, you should follow these easy steps.
- To Restart an Apple Watch, you have to Power off your watch. To Power off an Apple Watch, you need to press and hold the side button of your watch.
- After pressing the side button, you will see a slide icon on your display. You have to slide that icon to the right side of your watch. This way, you will be able to power off your Apple Watch.
- After a few seconds you can restart your watch by pressing the side button to power on your Apple Watch. You should press the side button until the logo of the Apple Watch does not appear on your display.
By following these simple steps, you can easily restart your watch. After this, your watch will surely respond normally. Sometimes there are possibilities of not responding by your watch and you have to force restart it.
How To Force Restart An Apple Watch
When you are unable to reboot your watch using the simple ways that we have mentioned above in the article, you can force restart your watch. In this process, you have to follow these steps.
- First of all, you have to hold down the side button and the digital crown together.
- You need to hold for at least 10-15 seconds until the logo of the Apple Watch doesn’t appear.
- After appearing the logo, you can release both buttons and your Apple Watch is now restarted.
It is highly recommended that you should force restart your Apple Watch when this is not responding after a normal restart.
What To Do When Your Apple Watch Does Not Force Restart?
There are some rare chances that your Apple Watch does not react even after a force restart. It does not happen normally; it only happens when there are some severe malware attacks or bugs. You can follow these steps.
- You must check whether it is charged or not? Is your watch is running out of battery or on power-saving mode?
- If your Apple Watch is not charged, you can charge it with an authentic charger that comes with your Apple Watch. Because when you use a third-party charger, it harms the hardware of your watch.
- You should charge your watch for at least an hour if it is not charged properly.
- You can try your watch by placing it on charging mode, you should press and hold the side button of the watch until the logo appears.
- You should avoid pressing the side button again and again, if you do not press the button for at least 10 seconds, it won’t work.
- You can unpair your Apple Watch from your paired Mobile Phone. Sometimes this trick works and your watch gets normal. To unpair your Apple Watch you can follow these steps.
- To unpair your watch, open your paired phone and go to the Watch App.
- After it, you have to go to the My Watch Tab and click on the “All Watches” icon.
- Click on the ‘ i ‘ that is an info button displayed before your watch name.
- Click on “Unpair Apple Watch”.
Hope, all these techniques help you to resolve all the problems so that you can normally use your watch. We have discussed the significant issues and their solution regarding restarting an Apple Watch. It will definitely be a useful guide to solving the restarting problem.
Ans: To reboot an Apple Watch, you need to press and hold the side button of your Apple Watch until the logo of watch does not appear.
Ans: No, because force restarting is just a rebooting process, it never harms the data of your Apple Watch.